Sunday, May 20, 2007
Sunday Sunday
Oh, I know, its supposed to be Monday Monday.... but today has been filled with house cleaning. DH is a cleaning nazi. But he washed the carpets and the sofa and chair, so there's good out of his moods. Now its 7:30 and I'm still cooking dinner. At least we had a nice day yesterday, despite the rain. We went out to eat and shopped. Now we're broke. Such is life.

And now I'm just settling down to get some writing done. I just wish I had a quiet, private office. My desk, at the moment, consists of the dining room table. I'm working on my laptop because my kids have rediscovered Sims on my desktop. And the kids are hyped. How does one work under such conditions? I remember reading a book on how to be a writer (I actually have several, but this was my first and now most dogeared copy), the author recommended setting up a writing space, complete with flowers, smelly candles, quiet romantic music, a beautiful view...anything that would help with the writing process (this was a how to write a romance book). I had lovely dreams of having such a place, maybe with a view of a garden or a forest, something inspiring. How in the world did I go from that to the dining room table surrounded by hyper kids, a tv in the background, and no view whatsoever (unless I move the laptop to another desk, then I can have a view of the road).

A writing space was so little to ask for.

Wasn't it?

Where do you write? Where are you most inspired? What is your ideal writing space of your dreams?
posted by Ceri Hebert @ 4:37 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At May 22, 2007 at 3:12 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said…

    And why, pray tell, have you not posted a link to your review??

    Just me, nagging. According to the DH, it's one thing I do remarkably well :-)

     
  • At May 22, 2007 at 4:47 AM, Blogger Ceri Hebert said…

    As soon as I was done showing off to my friends on some of my Yahoo groups my internet went down last night. I haven't had a chance to post it yet... but I'm going to post it now. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert