Friday, June 15, 2007
Friday Randomness
Well, I finally got my hair chopped yesterday. I spent more on it than I’ve spent on a haircut in years-before I had kids. But I love it. I lost about 4 inches of hair but it’s a fun style and I’m extremely pleased.

But with all this running around (had to shop for groceries and bring my DH his dinner-oh and make dinner for all the kidlets) I got very little writing done.

What would we sacrifice for our writing time? Quality time with the family? The time it takes to make a good meal (and keep handy anything that has a prep/cook time of less than 4 minutes)? Reading? Sleeping? Exercise? I envy those writers who can do it all. But I work 40 hours a week in an office, so that’s 40 hours I can’t get anything done. This is especially painful when I have lots of ideas floating around my head that I want to get down before they decide my time is up and go find some other writer who does have the time.


School is almost over. They’re last day is Wednesday. Then they can sleep in and I don’t have to worry about who’s going on what field trip and needs a bag lunch and/or money. I can’t keep anything straight and I know I’ve missed an appointment or two along the way. I think I need a secretary.


posted by Ceri Hebert @ 3:09 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At June 15, 2007 at 3:52 PM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said…

    My big writing time is early in the morning -- people think I'm strange because I'm up at 4 a.m. -- but I wouldn't get my writing done if I wasn't.

    Someone asked me if I would have time to do something on a regular basis (a paying gig) and I said I could find time to do whatever I really wanted.

    Strange how I can never seem to find the time to exercise... ;-)

    Good luck figuring out a schedule that works for you! I know you can do it.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert