Wednesday, August 1, 2007
HUMVEE VS SUBARU or THE FICKLE FINGER OF FATE
Humvee will win every time.

Well, we got a good start to our shopping trip. We left town around 8:30, the kids had their music to listen to so they were nice and quiet so my mom and I could chat. We were at a stop light where there's two lanes that go immediately into one once you're through the lights. We were first in line in one lane. In the next lane was a beautiful bright red Humvee (one of those smaller ones) with the Marine's logo on the side. My mom, being uncharacteristically heavy on the gas, got in ahead of the hummer at the other side of the lights and did a little neener neener neeeeeener kind of thing as she went.

So, we continued on our merry way, until it was time to get off the highway and merge into traffic on another road. My mother was back to her cautious self and took a little too much time, apparently to merge.

CRUNCH

The beautiful bright red Humvee driven by the Marines hit us from behind.

The impact shattered her back window (she drives a Forester) and smooshed up the left back side pretty well.

Poor guy, yes, I feel worse for him than us because it was a brand new Humvee and the Marine's weren't going to look kindly on this little fender bender. No one was hurt, thank goodness (though my back is somewhat sore-but not bad) and the police gave us the okay to drive away from the scene.

Being the good women we were, we continued on our way to the store to shop.

MORAL OF THE STORY, DON'T GET TOO COCKY WHEN YOU'RE PASSING A VEHICLE MUCH BIGGER THAN YOUR OWN. YOU MAY REGRET IT FURTHER DOWN THE ROAD.
posted by Ceri Hebert @ 1:40 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At August 1, 2007 at 2:40 PM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said…

    ooohh OUCH.

    Never take on a Hummer.

    BTW, did you know -- when you enter your blog on a specific page, you don't have a "home" button? I couldn't get to the rest of your blog earlier. Blogger usually puts it in the title of your blog, but you're using a special template. You might want to add a "home" key. Please? That about drove me nuts.

    See... it's all about me.

    Hope your back is still feeling okay tomorrow.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert