Friday, October 17, 2008
Modern Conveniences
How can we live without them?

I lost my cell phone this week and I'm heartbroken. It's not so much that I had an emotional attachment to my phone, but I had lots of pictures in it and I hate losing them. Oh, and I've really come to depend on it. I feel completely lost without it.


I think of the other things we have and wonder if I could "live" without them. I need the internet. No ifs ands or buts about that. It's a tool for my writing. TV/Tivo? Yeah, okay, I probably could live without it, but I have too many shows that I really enjoy watching, and I dont know what I'd do without my news. We have Sirius. Yeah, I could live without that.

Actually that's not a whole lot. But a heck of a lot more than when I was a kid. We didn't even have a VCR until I was around 16 years old and we didn't have cable tv. The internet was unheard of and we didn't have a PC.

Its amazing how different lifestyles were back then. I actually miss it.

Labels: , ,

posted by Ceri Hebert @ 4:03 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At October 17, 2008 at 4:32 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said…

    My DD is often shocked that we didn't have stuff like the internet or cable when I was little. Heck, we didn't even have microwaves! I can still remember reheating leftovers on the stove, LOL.

    We're so spoiled now.

     
  • At October 17, 2008 at 4:36 AM, Blogger Ceri Hebert said…

    I remember when my mom got her first microwave. My dad gave it to her for Christmas. She was thrilled (being the practical person she is). I was in my mid-late teens. That microwave lasted for years! Unlike the cheapos that have to be replaced every few years.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert