Saturday, November 8, 2008
I'm Getting There
Up to 17103 words now and the day is young. I'm not finding it difficult to keep up the pace despite the challenges every day. Everyone seems to understand, so that helps. Marianne was commenting on her blog the other day that when her husband is home he interrupts her flow of writing. Mine does the same. I know that HE knows how important writing is to me, knows that I could have a decent future in writing, yet he still has no problem with interrupting me with the little things.

His latest is the raffle tickets. Our local paper has about 2 dozen raffle forms for turkeys. He wants me to fill them all out and then go out and drop them off at all the businesses that are participating. Doesn't he understand??? That'll take me away from my writing for too long!

Well, at least the kids understand NaNo

I've given my heroine a five year old daughter as well as her seven month old. It really works well for getting my H and h closer. Eventually I'll go back and add her in the first 10k words but for now she's just appeared at lunch one day. I've also changed my heroine's name four times. I wanted to give her a name from mythology, something really odd but something that could be shortened to make a good nickname. I came up with Arianrhod, a Welsh goddess. Or Ari for short. Should work.

Until I change my mind again.

Only 32897 words to go. 1371 per day.

I can still do this.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Ceri Hebert @ 1:48 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At November 8, 2008 at 1:18 PM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said…

    BEcause he can't fill out the tickets? He doesn't know your name? Address?

    Oy.. sorry, was dealing with this same problem with another friend whose DH was being oblivious as well.

    Let's put them all in a room together and lock the door.

     
  • At November 8, 2008 at 7:13 PM, Blogger Diane Craver said…

    Guys can be so helpless. I can see why husband doing the same thing as yours. LOL

    I'm so proud of you - you're doing awesome on your word count.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert