Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Searching For An Agent
Yesterday I began the serious hunt for an agent. I'm thinking of going for one that takes electronic submissions. I've been sweating over my synopsis (which is a 4-letter word in my opinion) but I've found that most of these agents only want a 1 page query to begin with. Okay, so I'm going to have to squish 105K words into one page. Need to brush up on my blurb writing.

Of course I wouldn't be off the hook for that synopsis. If they're interested I'd still have to write one.

This is pretty big! But I've been slacking in the publishing area. I'm ready for something new to come out.

No word from Harlequin yet. Still have another month. Maybe this is a good thing. ???

Well, the beautiful glow of autumn is nearly gone. It was so short lived. We're into the frost season now. Scraping off the windows each morning. Just one day closer to that first snowfall, which I actually like. The first few are wonderful. By New Years Day I'm ready for green grass and seventy degrees. As soon as I make my millions I'm definitely buying a winter home far from here.

Labels: , ,

posted by Ceri Hebert @ 1:37 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At October 21, 2008 at 3:15 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said…

    Actually, for a query -- you're going to have to squish 105k words into one or two paragraphs...

    Aren't you glad to have me around to make things worse? *G*

    And, yeah, with HQ I'm thinking longer is better. ::fingers crossed::

     
  • At October 23, 2008 at 8:33 AM, Blogger Diane Craver said…

    I agree with Marianne - I think that's actually a good thing you haven't heard from HQ. I hope you hear great news about your submission.

    Good luck with the agent hunt.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert