Sunday, October 26, 2008
Uncertainties
Break out the violins

I went to Borders the other day and walking around all those books I got the horrible feeling that I'm just not good enough to compete with all these writers.

Okay, I know I have to stop that. I may not have my books at Borders (yet) but the local bookstore does have them on their shelf and there are people out there who really do like them. Fine, lots of them are family members, but that's okay. Got to start somewhere.

Anyway, it really got me thinking. Where do I want to go with my writing? Do I want to stick with what I know, keep the same style, which for me is pretty much Drama Queen, or branch out into different areas. I find that most of what I write is very character driven. Is that what people want or is plot driven stories more popular? For me, personally, I want to care about the characters. If I don't care about the characters than I could care less about the plot.

I've been working hard the past few days with my synopsis and query for an agent. I haven't sent one out yet because I want it to be perfect, but I know that Dreamer's Sea needs more polishing too. And with NaNo less than a week away I don't know if I can do what's needed so I can turn my attention completely to my NaNo story.

And I'm babbling. Oh well, sometimes babbling is good.

Labels:

posted by Ceri Hebert @ 7:49 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At October 26, 2008 at 8:51 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said…

    I've been reading books in the category I'd planned to target -- and I don't think I want to write like that! LOL... I just finished one book from the Oct books in that category and it was okay. Predictable. Cheesy ending. And I thought, "Nope, don't want to write like that."

    So what do you do when you can't squeeze your writing inside a box?

    See, I'm all angsty, too. Let's be angsty together!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert