Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Printing Printing Printing
I printed off another copy of That Kind Of Magic for my Kensington submission. I hated to do it, but my first copy had header/footer and I realized that maybe they don't want that. Of course there's no clear direction on their page on what they want. They said 3 chapters, but a Kensington author recommended the first 100 pages.

So, which one to go with? Last thing I want to do is to mess it up by sending them what they don't want. I'm still tempted to send it to Samhain instead, but it's only (hehehe only) a three month wait. I guess I've waited for this long, what's another three months. That'll make it about a year since the first time TKOM left home.

Still trying to figure out what I'm going to do for JaNoWriMo. Finish Forever Home and then take it from there. I still really want to work on both wips, but I want to settle on one and finish it. (I also made the mistake of looking through some boxes yesterday and I found several notebooks filled with other wips that I left alone, another possibility for a Blaze in there. I'm doooooomed!) I'd love to know how someone like Nora Roberts writes. Is she as fickle as all my writing friends when it comes to working on a story or is she focused on one until it's done and then goes on to the next. For me writing is like being a mom of more than one child. You can't just give one kid all the attention until he/she is grown up and out of the house and then start on the next one. They all need your time and TLC.

Or is that just an excuse?

All right, enough. Forever Home isn't going to get written by itself. Off I go before I have to leave for work.

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Ceri Hebert @ 1:54 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At December 30, 2008 at 9:28 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said…

    I'm glad you're sending it to Kensington.

    I suspect Nora works on different things at the same time, but in different ways. If you consider she releases 5 or 6 books a year (usually one "In Death", one single title hardcover and a trilogy -- if not more) she MUST be researching and plotting some while writing and editing others... don't you think?

    I'd like to be a fly on the wall at her place for a few weeks. :-)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert