Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Harlequin Speaks
I finally got my response from Harlequin Blaze today.

No, they didn't buy That Kind Of Magic.

And no, I'm not devestated. I won't be throwing myself off any bridges or high cliffs. I won't even go sulk in a dark room. It is what it is.

As far as rejections go it wasn't a horrific one. It had positive comments like "The manuscript is competently written and has an intriguing premise...." and it's not really negative comments, like "Our main concern is that the story doesn't have the sexual hook essential...." and "...the story has stronger paranormal elements than we like..." and "... makes the tone far darker than we generally look for in a Blaze."

So, okay. Now I'm free to send That Kind Of Magic elsewhere. I'm okay with this. I was afraid that the paranormal aspect wouldn't work with Blaze. There is a home for it out there. Somewhere. And I'll find it!

And I won't give up on Blaze, or Harlequin. I'll pull something else out of my sleeve for them!

Onward and upward!!

Labels: ,

posted by Ceri Hebert @ 11:41 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At December 9, 2008 at 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Ceri -- wow, I'm so far behind in your blog! I've got some serious catching up to do and just put a shortcut to you on my desktop. Thanks for your recent visits -- I'll put an email together asap. :)

     
  • At December 9, 2008 at 2:25 PM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said…

    those are the best kind of rejections.... it wasn't your writing, it was the story. That's AWESOME.

    Good luck with it...

     
  • At December 10, 2008 at 5:34 PM, Blogger Diane Craver said…

    Very positive and nice rejection letter. You'll find the right place for it.

     
  • At December 11, 2008 at 5:02 AM, Blogger Sarita Leone said…

    Oh Ceri, I'm so sorry it didn't work out but I love your attitude! At least you can see the story is a good one; it just wasn't the right fit for Blaze. And as rejections go, yours was a great one! I have faith you'll find a home for your book.

    Hope you're having a lovely week. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert