Monday, December 8, 2008
Cat Vs Christmas Tree...Should We Even Go There
We have a VERY active cat. I mean, crazy, acrobatic, no fear cat. She's about 6 months old and it's not uncommon to see her flying through the air and getting into places that a normal cat just shouldn't be able to get into.

We haven't put up our Christmas tree yet (yes, we're one of those families who have an artificial tree), were thinking of decorating this coming weekend (we're also one of those families who don't decorate right after Thanksgiving) but we're honestly rethinking the tree because we know what's going to happen if we put a tree up. Hemi will be taking it down on a daily basis. Can you say TIMBER!!!!

My son has suggested crating Hemi for the next several weeks. Hey, he's only nine. That obviously isn't an option. So, how does one change the very nature of a cat in time for a little holiday cheer?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm already over 65K on Forever Home. I just wrote a scene I wasn't expecting to write but I think I may take it out, save it for possible use, but get back to where I was planning on being. As dramatic as it is, I don't think its necessary to the plot. Not that I'm unhappy about being over 65K I was really hoping to end it before that so I could sub it to Harlequin Superromance which has a word count of 60-65K. But even with taking that scene out I don't think I can wrap it all up within that range. I have two more very important things that must happen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We got a little snow yesterday. Not enough to shovel, but I'm sure I'll be scraping the car off this morning. Bluck. What happened to the weekend? Oh, that's right, my weekend only consists of one day.

Well, time to do a scenectomy. Get back where I need to be.

Labels: , ,

posted by Ceri Hebert @ 1:30 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At December 8, 2008 at 2:54 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said…

    Change the nature of a cat?

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

    *snort*

    When I had active cats, I never had a tree -- I tried once, and they knocked it over and broke one of my most cherished ornaments from my childhood. My roomie and I bought butcher paper, cut out a HUGE tree and decorated it with stickers. *G*

    You can't change a cat. YOU change to accomodate them.

    Just saying.

     
  • At December 8, 2008 at 7:23 AM, Blogger Diane Craver said…

    Artificial tree sounds good to me at this point. We are going to get a live one today but did look at the artificial ones at Kohl's - they had this big sale but still too high for us. Hubby and I both loved one that was over $200 and regular price was $500 - I can't imagine spending that much on a tree. LOL Will check after Christmas.

    I bet you should just increase your word count to 90,000 to 100,000 words. So many big publishers want this amt. Go for it. I believe in your writing!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert