Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Hi Honey, I'm Home
At long last I'm back in my own digs. My mom is on her way back now from Boston.


Her dog will be pleased. Molly is the sweetest dog in the world, very well behaved and just all around awesome. It was a pleasure to watch her, but I'm sure she'll be happy to have my mother home. And now I can settle back at my computer. Which isn't necessarily a great thing. Being without the internet for over a week was actually very liberating. I got a LOT done on my sequel to Sweet Forever (now titled Forever Home) and I have plotted out a very important scene. And I've been daydreaming about another wip. I really don't need to be thinking about anything but what I'm working on, but I can't help it.


Congrats to Marianne! She just received her author copies of One Love For Liv. Always an awesome moment for any writer!

I can't believe that December is here. I'm very sorry to say that I don't easily get into the Christmas spirit. I look at all these blogs about how people are decorating and shopping and I just get frustrated. November and December are our most expensive months, and that has nothing to do with Christmas. It has to do with car registrations, other birthdays, now our dear landlord has decided to make us pay for our own heat, we have the joy of shelling out several hundred dollars to have our tanks filled and a few other bills that just make me wince (long story, won't go into it).

I know money isn't everything, things aren't everything (although tell that to that mob at Walmart in NY last week), but there are so many expectations, most of which I put on myself. I used to get nice Christmas bonuses at work that would help take the edge off, but the company I work for doesn't do that. We get flowers. And this year they've been hit financially too and there are whispers about layoffs after Christmas.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Christmas this year.

Wow, where did this all come from???? I am SO sorry to be depressing!

Maybe I should just go back to my mom's and not touch the internet anymore.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Ceri Hebert @ 1:18 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At December 2, 2008 at 4:16 PM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said…

    Yep... right there with you. DH's bday is in Nov, mine is Jan, so we get smacked with registrations, too.

    And, hey, got an oil delivery three days ago.

    Whee.

    Thanks for the congrats :-)

     
  • At December 3, 2008 at 4:11 AM, Blogger Sarita Leone said…

    Oh, Ceri, so sorry to hear you've got so much going on. All those things coming at you at once...and the possibility of layoffs. Ouch. I'll keep you in my thoughts and hope all is well with you. :)

    Hope your Wednesday is a good one!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert