Saturday, November 22, 2008
9 Days To Go!
Can't believe we're in the home stretch! The good news is that I still believe that I'm going to reach the goal. All I'll need is my handy dandy laptop and some quiet time at my mom's house and voila! And the good news is that this story is going to run well over 50K. Now I'm not sure whether, for this challenge, the story actually has to end or if just reaching 50k is enough. I'm hoping the later though I've done both in the past. I just have way too much more left to write to make it end so soon.

I know, if someone reads the story right now there are things that won't make sense, like why does the heroine suddenly have a five year old who appears at lunch one day, or why did her infant daughter have surgery already at the beginning of the story but later she's months away from having that surgery? It's okay, things are getting dropped and picked up along the way as I see what works and what doesn't. It'll be time Nov 30th to clean that mess up.

My poor son kept me from having to go to that meeting yesterday. His belly hurt and his temp was up over 102. We had a peaceful night though, so I think he' s over the worst of it. I didn't mind missing the meeting. All it is is numbers, how the company is doing financially. I'll hear all about it later. Maybe I won't want to. I did get to go into the "city". Bought my DD #2 a new winter jacket and almost choked at the price. I've never bought myself a 119.00 jacket (on sale, down from 200.00) but it's a good name and it'll last for a long time. Why she had to get powder blue, I dont' know. It'll be in the wash a lot. Now just two more jackets to buy.

Okay, back to Nano. Yesterday, due to sick kids and trips to the city, I only got 778 words written. But currently my word count is 41369. So, that leaves 8631 words left to write. That means 959 words a day. Weekends are a little hard, but I can make it up during the week.

I still say piece o' cake!

Labels: , ,

posted by Ceri Hebert @ 1:30 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At November 22, 2008 at 3:28 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said…

    HEY... next time you're in "the city" ... TELL ME. We'll do lunch. Or coffee. Or whatever.

    And, IMHO you just need the 50k regardless of whether you write The End.

     
  • At November 22, 2008 at 4:09 AM, Blogger Sarita Leone said…

    You're doing so well! I love it that your novel will exceed the 50,000 words. Mine did, but not by much. I strove for between 50 and 55 thousand so that's what I've got. When I revise it may grow a bit, but not much.

    I am in awe of the way you manage to juggle so many obligations and still write the way you do. You are definitely an inspiration!

    Hope the little man is feeling better.

    Hope you have a nice weekend!

     
  • At November 24, 2008 at 4:26 AM, Blogger Diane Craver said…

    Ceri,
    Wow - you are doing awesome on your writing. And Sarita is so right about getting so much done while having so many other things to accomplish each day.

    I understand about your daughter picking powder blue - Amanda picked a pale pink winter jacket last year. I'm glad it's washable!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert