Friday, November 21, 2008
Recipe Friday
Maybe this'll be a weekly thing. Because it's getting really cold here (won't get above freezing today) there's nothing like a good chili.

Here's a recipe I got from my father in law and cook it in a crock pot.

Ingredients:

1 lb hamburger
1 can baked beans
1 can butter beans
1 can kidney beans
2 packs medium chili mix
1 lb bacon (I like using the maple flavor) cut into small pieces
1 can diced garlic & basil tomatoes
1 sm can tomato paste
1 onion diced

Combine all beans, tomatoes and chili mix into crock pot or large pot and set temp on low. In a skillet, brown hamburger until nearly done. Add chopped onions and sliced up bacon. Cook in skillet until bacon is cooked. Drain fat (some people though think it adds flavor to the chili and leave it in). Add to the crock pot. Simmer all day, stirring occasionally.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I did pretty well on writing yesterday even though it was another day of running around. Laundry this time. And I got my hair chopped. It's much shorter than I've worn it in years and years and I'm not sure I like it this short. My DH, who prefers long hair, didn't say a word. At least he didn't give me a horrified look.

Finished up the bake sale stuff with pudding. Yikes! How come four cups of milk only yields 8 small cups of pudding? Hardly worth the effort. Would've been cheaper to just go out and buy some premade pudding. And I made jello. 5 cups. Whoopie.

My day wasn't complete until my son got horribly sick. Sooo we've been up and down all night. It's going to be a really stinky day. To top it off, I have a quarterly meeting today at work. This meeting (which is just financial stuff) combined with lack of sleep is going to be bad bad bad. I just hope I don't doze off.

Starting Sunday we'll be spending a week house/dog sitting for my mom as she heads off to Texas for Thanksgiving. She doesn't have regular internet there. She has webtv. It's not even worth it. I'll be stopping at home at least once a day to check emails. But I will be bringing my laptop with me so I can get plenty of writing done. Maybe it'll be nice not having the added distraction of the internet. But I'll have the added distraction of DH.

Well, time to get ready for work. Have to drive the bake salers into school today.

Labels: , ,

posted by Ceri Hebert @ 2:43 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At November 21, 2008 at 3:27 AM, Blogger Sarita Leone said…

    Oh my gosh, you amaze me! So much going on and yet you still manage to carve out time to write. I am very impressed!

    Sorry son is ill. :(

    I love reading recipes so please, keep them coming!

    Hope you have a nice Friday :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert