Sunday, June 21, 2009
100 Things
Grabbed this from Marianne's blog

The instructions: Just copy the list of 100 accomplishments, highlight the ones you've achieved in bold, and elaborate as desired. Be forewarned, this is a long meme: a marathon to read; just about as long to write.



001. Started my own blog. Actually have started about 3 blogs.

002. Slept under the stars. Loved building makeshift camps out in the backyard, usually without much of a roof.

003. Played in a band. I was that kid in the band that played all the miscellaneous instruments like the triangle and cowbell. In parades I played the cymbals.

004. Visited Hawaii. I wish.

005. Watched a meteor shower. We were lucky to live in the country so there were no lights to block the night sky. Love meteor showers.

006. Given more than I can afford to charity.

007. Been to DisneyWorld/Land. Been to Disney Land once (I cried on the Alice In Wonderland Ride and Disney World twice. Love the Haunted Mansion.

008. Climbed a mountain. We live right next to the second (or possibly most) most climbed mountain in the world, Monadnock. No car roads, just hiking trails. Fantastic view!

009. Held a praying mantis.

010. Sung a solo. When I was in college I was part of a traveling children's theater group. Luckily they didn't care that I couldn't sing very well. I was one heck of a puppeteer though.

011. Bungee jumped.

012. Visited Paris.

013. Watched lightning at sea.

014. Taught myself an art from scratch. Used to draw horse heads and people heads all the time. Never could do bodies, though.

015. Adopted a child. Only furry ones.

016. Had food poisoning.

017. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. Can people do that anymore? Stood right in her crown.

018. Grown my own vegetables. First time is this year!

019. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.

020. Slept on an overnight train.

021. Had a pillow fight. Many, many times.

022. Hitchhiked.

023. Taken a sick day when you're not ill. Me? no. Never.....

024. Built a snow fort. I lived in Minnestoa for the first 11 years of my life. I don't think I could've gotten away with not building one every year.

025. Held a lamb. Does a baby goat count?

026. Gone skinny dipping. Well, only half skinny dipping.

027. Run a marathon. Have always wanted to. maybe someday

028. Ridden in a gondola in Venice.

029. Seen a total eclipse. Very cool

030. Watched a sunrise or a sunset. Many, many, many times.

031. Hit a home run.

032. Been on a cruise. Been on several. One to the Bahamas and several from Portland Maine to Yarmouth Nova Scotia.

033. Seen Niagara Falls in person.

034. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors. Well, sort of. My family comes from Bath and northern England and Wales. I visited London once. So that's close. Never been to Wales though. That's a dream of mine.

035. Seen an Amish community.

036. Taught myself a new language.

037. Had enough money to be satisfied.

038. Had a tatoo removed.

039. Spit off a bridge.

040. Seen Michelangelo's David.

041. Sung karaoke.

042. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.

043. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant.

044. Visited Africa.

045. Walked on a beach by moonlight. Very romantic.

046. Been transported in an ambulance.

047. Had my portrait painted. Well, I had my caricature drawn.

048. Gone deep sea fishing.

049. Been to the Sistine Chapel in person.

050. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.

051. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling. I snorkled while in the Bahamas. I loved it. I'd love to try it again.

052. Kissed in the rain. Actually as romantic as walking on the beach in the moonlight.

053. Played in the mud. only as a kid.

054. Gone to a drive-in theater. yes, several times. And when I was a teen I sometimes even watched the movie.

055. Been in a movie. No, but my neighborhood was in the movie Sensation of Sight.

056. Visited the Great Wall of China.

057. Started a business. Kind of. I used to hand paint boxes and sell them at craft fairs.

058. Taken a martial arts class.

059. Visited Russia.

060. Served at a soup kitchen.

061. Sold Girl Scout cookies.

062. Gone whale watching.

063. Got flowers for no reason.

064. Donated blood, platelets, or plasma. I'm O+, so the blood bank loves me.

065. Gone sky diving.

066. Visited a Nazi concentration camp site.

067. Bounced a check.

068. Flown in a helicopter.

069. Saved a favorite childhood toy up until adulthood. I still have a teddy bear and an old rabbit

070. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.

071. Eaten caviar. wasted on me.

072. Pieced a quilt.

073. Stood in Times Square.

074. Toured the Everglades.

075. Been fired from a job.

076. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London. Fantastic, especially for a 19 year old girl who's sucker for a man in uniform ON A HORSE.

077. Broken a bone. I've been lucky *knock on wood*

078. Been on a speeding motorcycle. Didn't like it much. For many reasons.

079. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.

080. Published a book. Thank goodness I can say yes.

081. Visited the Vatican.

082. Bought a brand new car. Bought a brand new Toyota Corolla in 96. Drove it until it was rearended by a pickup many years later

083. Walked in Jerusalem.

084. Had my picture in the newspaper. Waaaay back when I was in 6th grade and I won 3rd place in a writing contest. Out of 3 people. *sigh*

085. Read the entire Bible. No, but I'd like to.

086. Visited the White House.

087. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. Trout and hornpout. Couldn't do more than that.

088. Had chickenpox. I was in the first grade. Stayed home for a week and that week was followed by a week vacation. It was terrific.

089. Saved someone's life.

090. Overcome a physical disability.

091. Met someone famous. A couple of the members of Diamond Rio and a politian who ran for president recently.

092. Joined a book club. yup, but bad idea.

093. Lost a loved one. My brother 11 years ago next month, my aunt nearly 10 years ago and my father almost 2 years ago.

094. Had a baby. Three of them!

095. Seen the Alamo in person.

096. Swam in the Great Salt Lake. And stubbed my toe there.

097. Been involved in a law suit. yes, but don't like talking about it. It involved a vicious landlord.

098. Owned a cell phone.

099. Been stung by a bee.

100. Ridden an elephant. Not the most comfortable beasts to ride. I'd rather ride a horse.

What about you?

Labels:

posted by Ceri Hebert @ 4:26 AM  
4 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert