Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Catching Up
Well, I really need to make it a point to post at least every other day. And since I'm on vacation for the rest of the week, there really isn't any reason not to post.

So, I'm in a holding pattern right now over my edits for both That Kind of Magic and Best Man. Should be starting the first round of edits for TKOM within the next two weeks. I'm looking forward to getting into it, especially since everything else is falling into place with it. Now just need a release date.

I sent Finally Home to The Wild Rose Press and got as far as sending in the full manuscript, but they didn't take it, for a very curious (to me) reason. They thought it was told in a young adult voice. Um, okay. I didn't see it, and now I'm thinking of maybe rewriting the beginning to make it more "adult". I did start writing this story when I was sixteen and my characters were teens and supposed to remain that way, so maybe some of that stayed with the story, though no one who's read it before ever thought so.

Anyway, I'm not too devastated, though it would've been nice. The editor at TWRP told me if I have anything else that might fit into her niche. So, that's good. At least she didn't hate me.

Of course this has renewed my interest in writing a young adult story. Every time I see the shelves of YA novels my fingers just itch to write one, or more. Something paranormal but with a twist. No vampires though. I think they've been done to death.

First must finish edits on Forever Home and get that sent out to Kensington.

Well, everyone has descended on me. Time to get breakfast.

Labels: ,

posted by Ceri Hebert @ 3:53 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert