Monday, February 8, 2010
Goodbye Potatos
Or is it Potatoes? I never get that one right, to my shame.

Anyway, my DH and I have decided to embark upon a journey of healthier eating. I ask the age old question: Why is it that everything that I love to eat is so bad??? I think I need to go to a hypnotist to convince me that pizza and sausage tastes like cat litter and tofu is the nectar of the gods. Something to help!!

My brother in law is in the National Guard and he's on a military diet. He's going to give DH the details and that's what DH is going to do. I don't know if I'll join in, but I'll do better.

So buh-bye pasta. Buh-bye potato(e)s, buh-bye things that have no nutritional value.

No word yet from The Wild Rose Press regarding That Kind Of Magic. By Friday I hope. The editor said I should hear by Friday. In the meantime I'm hacking away at Forever Home, thanks in large part to Denise's help. And when I'm not doing that I'm working on a Blaze-worthy wip and thinking about my young adult book.

So, I'm not slacking off!

Labels:

posted by Ceri Hebert @ 4:26 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At February 8, 2010 at 4:47 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said…

    Erhm....

    Potatoes aren't bad for you -- unless you fry them or cover them in tons of butter, cheese and sour cream.

    Pasta isn't bad for you -- if it's whole grain.

    Please, PLEASE don't do anything crazy. Few foods are evil. Carbs aren't bad, if they are the RIGHT carbs.

    Read this: http://healthfulandhomemade.blogspot.com/2010/01/good-advice.html

    And then try reading this:

    http://www.michaelpollan.com/foodrules.php

    It's just good common sense.

    And, yes, I'm a bit of a lunatic when it comes to eating right -- I've read approximately three billion books on food and nutrition(okay, I'm exaggerating, but not by much, lol) and Michael Pollan is BY FAR the most level-headed and logical author I've found when it comes to eating in a healthful manner.

    Just saying.

    :::steps down from soap box:::

     
  • At February 8, 2010 at 4:48 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said…

    Guess I could have made those LIVE links to be easier.

    So this: http://healthfulandhomemade.blogspot.com/2010/01/good-advice.html

    and this:

    http://www.michaelpollan.com/foodrules.php

    :-)

     
  • At February 8, 2010 at 5:56 AM, Blogger Denise said…

    My doc tells me "You can eat anything you want. . .in moderation."

    Better to chop the foods you like to eat down, but not cut them out.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert