Sunday, October 18, 2009
Cheating?
I was thinking about a manuscript I have, Dreamers Sea. It's a complete manuscript but I'm completely dissatisfied with it. It lacks umph and angst (great words). So, over the last many months I've been wracking my brains as to what to do with this story. I love the characters, I love the settings and if I add in the missing elements I think it would be a really good story.

Thing is, the elements I want to add would pretty much change everything about the story. The characters would still pretty much be the same..... well, sort of, the setting would be the same, but nearly everything else would be gutted and rebuilt.

I had thought about going through the current manuscript and just changing things when they needed to be changed, but that's easier said than done. There's just too much to change.

Would it be cheating to rewrite this story for NaNoWriMo? If I don't go back and snag bits from the original and just completely start from scratch? I've been a stickler for following the NaNo rules and I don't want to bend them, but I know this story, I know the characters-and how I want them changed in this new version, I know the setting, the plot (pretty much) and how I want it to end.

If I start from scratch it wouldn't be cheating, would it?

Labels: ,

posted by Ceri Hebert @ 5:21 AM  
4 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert