Tuesday, September 25, 2007
I'm Beat
Despite everything that's been going on I've still been getting up at 4:30 most mornings with the exception of the weekend and it's really hitting me. I'm tired.

The service was just how he would've liked it, small, intimate and with a sad smile here and there. Most of his friends are scattered around the country and the world so mostly it was family and some of my mom's friends. Afterwards we went back to my mom's and had a typical family summer family gathering. Again, something he would've liked. We oohed and aahed over the new baby in the family, Justin played ball with his uncles, I caught up with a cousin who I haven't seen in about 8 years. It was very bittersweet. And now the "new normal" begins.

In other news, since starting to edit Dreamers' Sea I've added nearly 4000 new words. I still need to add a lot more to make this marketable to a print publisher so if I haven't found a way to add them by the time I finish I'm going to really have to sit down and think where I can add more scenes. The ending will be extended by quite a bit. I think that'll be where I get a bunch more words.

How do people feel about epilogues? I'm thinking that DS could have an epilogue. I think they're more acceptable than prologues, but I could be wrong.

Anyhue, it's time to go do dishes and make breakfast. I'm bleary eyed and don't know how I'm going to make it through the day. Ugh.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Ceri Hebert @ 2:06 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At September 25, 2007 at 3:30 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said…

    Hang in there... sending you cyber-hugs and wish I could encourage you more. I remember that I cried for the first time at my dad's memorial -- not when I found out he'd died -- because I kept expecting to turn around and see him somewhere. And it occured to me then, that I never would again. It's been sixteen years and I still miss him.

    Re: Epilogues... TONS of books have them. I suppose it would be up to the publisher ultimately, but yeah, I think they're more acceptable than a prologue.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert