Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Editing For Others
I'm so proud!

My DD and SD have started writing stories. I was about their age when I embarked on this marvelous journey toward being published, so it's kind of neat watching them.

The thing is, they've asked me to correct their work. I'm happy to do it, but how brutal am I supposed to be with them? If I was critting one of these stories for an adult I'd kindly rip it up (I'm not a mean critter). But I can't go that far with a couple kids. Yet I want them to understand what works and what doesn't. I never had any kind of help when I was their age and I'm sure I could've done much better with it.

So, you're faced with a wip from a 12 year old. How much do you change, or "fix"?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's going to be a nice day today. Nearly 60 degrees. Spring is coming! I'm thrilled, even if it means that I have to deal with mud and black flies. At least mud and black flies won't knock out electricity. Okay, yah, so we could have another bad storm, but we're getting further and further away from the chances of another ice storm. Please, no more ice storms!!!

Labels: ,

posted by Ceri Hebert @ 2:27 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At March 18, 2009 at 3:57 AM, Blogger Denise said…

    I have a nephew who is following in my footsteps. He is a great kid and I don't want to discourage him either. I volunteer to read his stories, but right now I don't "edit" them.

    I just want to see him write.

     
  • At March 18, 2009 at 4:59 AM, Blogger Sarita Leone said…

    I love it that you're mentoring young writers. That is so cool!

    No more snow, ice storms, shoveling...I'm right there with you. I want to shed joyful tears every time I look out the window at the brown grass. I don't care that it's not growing yet. Or that it's not green.

    It's grass. I'm not picky. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert