Wednesday, October 10, 2007
And I Was Worried
I'm up to 62376 words in Dreamer's Sea and I still have much to write. I was so afraid that I wouldn't be able to get 65k out of it and now it looks like it could EASILY go to 70+K. That is a very good thing. The longer the story (as long as it's a really good story) the more marketable it will be to an agent.

I'm doing a touchdown dance in my head.

Just trying to get past a scene between my hero and heroine. I'm trying to justify them staying apart when the crazy kids are in love (though they haven't spilled the beans yet-hey, things are complicated). I was going to give them that scene later but I dont' think I can fight it. It's like giving birth, you can't fight it when that baby wants to make an appearance.

So, what would another writer do if a scene, a moment, is happening faster than you planned? Somehow squash the moment or give it to them have it and let the cards fall where they may? if I stop the moment it's going to make the whole thing awkward. But I have a great scene already written for them. If only they'd wait a few weeks.

My muse will be back on tv this Friday. Well, not my muse, but my inspiration for my hero in DS. Men In Trees has been off the air for months and months and they're finally giving us a season 2 premiere this week. Jack (aka John Tupper) is my Jonas in DS. It'll be good to have him back to gaze upon whenever I need a little inspiration.

Okay, breakfast and dishes time. And I'll mull over my predicament while I'm doing it.

Labels: , ,

posted by Ceri Hebert @ 2:04 AM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert