Monday, October 1, 2007
Goals and Such
I have finally remembered my ideas on a possible NaNoWriMo project. All last week I was trying to remember what I wanted to write about. I had had an idea but for the life of me I couldn't remember what it was. Put it down to too much going on in my life right now. But yesterday I remembered what it was and began to expand on it. I think, before I lose it again, I'll need to start taking notes.

The only question is.... will I do NaNoWriMo this year. I've had 2 successful years in a row. My first attempt was Where One Road Leads. Last year's project was Dreamer's Sea which I'm now polishing up so I can find me an agent. I can't complain about either projects (though I really thought DS was hopeless when I finished NaNo last year).

So IF I can finish the editing (which includes adding a LOT of new stuff to boost it from the 56K it is right now to, I'm hoping, 65K by the time it's ready to send out) on DS by the end of October I can start sending it out to be critiqued. OR put it aside starting November 1st and do NaNo. I'm not sure I can do NaNo AND do all the critwork necessary on DS.

I really should work soley on DS. But I love the NaNoWriMo challenge and the thought of getting another book out of it.

Well, I have a month to think about it.

My friend Marianne is having some contests over at her blog. And don't forget that my short story Little Matchmakers is still posted over at The Long And The Short Of It until Wednesday, though it'll be archieved after that. LASR has some wonderful short stories. I highly recommend them.

For more contests go to Judy's blog.

Boy, lots of good stuff all over the place. I think I'm going to have to have another contest here in the next few weeks.

Now it's 6am and that means TIME TO GET READY FOR WORK.

Blah.

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Ceri Hebert @ 2:41 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At October 2, 2007 at 7:50 PM, Blogger Judy said…

    Thanks for the linky-love. I would love to do NaNo again, but I don't think there's any way I can manage. But... I'm not making a decision now. It's like Marianne told me... even if I don't "win"... I'll be further ahead than I am now.

    I have two stories I want to finish first though.. then we'll see.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert