Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Yeowza!

I did it! Dreamer's Sea is over 100k! I've never ever written anything this long before. And, no, it's not done. Almost done, but not quite. I'm pretty shocked that it went on this long. Don't get me wrong, I'm hugely pleased, just a bit bewildered. And I wonder how much will get left out when I go back to edit. Well, I'd rather have too much to work with than too little. It's just amazing to me that this story is twice as long as it was when I "finished" it after NaNoWriMo in 2006.


I do hyperventilate a little when I think of the editing that has to be done on this baby. I will put it down for a little while.... a week maybe?


So, how long do other writers put first drafts down before picking them up again and starting the editng process? Some writers I know let it alone for a month or so, but I'm just eager to get this story completed and (I hope and pray) published. A month seems like an AWFULLY long time.

*

Well well well.... it's sleeting outside. Fancy that. I haven't seen sleet for, oh, 4 whole days. School hasn't been cancelled yet, or delayed, but it's early yet.


I'm going to take advantage of the last few minutes of quiet and get more writing going. I'm actually feeling giddy! Or it could be the coffee.
posted by Ceri Hebert @ 1:44 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At February 5, 2008 at 4:56 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said…

    Yay you!!!

    It snowed here. Ugh. Heavy, wet stuff. And, since I just finished shoveling, the snow plow went by. Do you think they wait and watch?

    Most folks I know put their work aside for a month or more before they edit.

    I can't, though, because I lose interest.

    Good luck!

     
  • At February 5, 2008 at 6:11 AM, Blogger Judy said…

    congratulations... and if I ever finish anything but short stories, i'll let you know how long I wait before I start editing ;-)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert