Thursday, February 12, 2009
Oh Editing
I decided since I did so well on my "new" word count yesterday that I'd concentrate on editing this morning. I'm at that very tedious stage of removing "junk" words like "that" and "just" and "really". Such a long project, finding one little word in a 91K document and removing the ones that don't belong. I'm only on my second word. Boy I use a lot of "that"s.

Doesn't help that I'm having those days when the kids have different activities in the afternoon that require me to drive them. No one can coordinate their times either. Today will be much of the same. Tomorrow... much of the same... and then we'll be to the weekend, and it'll be, you got it, much of the same.

I'm NOT going to say that I need to do my writing full time. After what happened earlier in the week, I might just get my not-wish.

I'll put that down to a someday kind of wish. When I'm able to sustain myself financially by just my writing.





I love Louis Armstrong.

Labels: , ,

posted by Ceri Hebert @ 2:26 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At February 12, 2009 at 3:09 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said…

    I had an editor who disliked the use of "it" and would make me go back and change 90% of them to an actual noun of some sort.

    To be honest, it strengthened the story and my writing, but I complained like crazy about it (see.. IT).

     
  • At February 12, 2009 at 3:17 AM, Blogger Ceri Hebert said…

    I can see getting rid of a lot of these junk words, but it's nearly impossible to get rid of all of them. Just wish I didn't put them in there in the first place.

     
  • At February 14, 2009 at 6:56 AM, Blogger Diane Craver said…

    That's great you are removing the garbage words - soon it will be ready to submit. I'm excited for you. I hope you get a great contract.

    Sorry about the job situation. I understand about the driving part. All of our kids played sports and I was the one driving them to every practice and game. But it's harder for you with your schedule, I know. I hope you can quit your job sometime and write full-time. But when you are ready, not because of downsizing. I've been looking for a job, not any luck. I should've kept teaching and wouldn't be in this position now.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert