Thursday, March 19, 2009
NEVER (ASS)(U)(ME) ANYTHING!
What a waste of a day! Well, at least most of a day and a LOT of gas!!

My oldest DD had an appointment with her cardiologist today. An echo at 11:30 and then at 1pm we meet with the doctor. He's located up in Hanover NH, about a 2 hour trip, depending on traffic etc. We got up there about 40 minutes early so I checked in to see where we were supposed to go (it had been about 4 years since we've been up there).

They couldn't find the appointment for the echo. Well, they said it had been scheduled just not booked. (is there a difference?) So she sent us up to the correct office. They told me the same thing so they got on the phone with the doctor's office.

We were at the WRONG hospital!!!

Yes, folks, that's right. We were supposed to go to Keene, which is only about 30 minutes from home. So, we had to decide whether we wanted to try to get down to Keene in 2 hours or reschedule. For June. I opted to try for Keene. We made it, sort of, got the appointment in, though late, and had a lot of people who'd already heard about my mistake giving me those "oh you poor poor dumb person" looks.

So, I could've gotten away with an hour's worth of driving instead of nearly 4!!

Okay, I shouldn't have assumed that the appointment would be up there, even though THAT'S HIS MAIN OFFICE!

Not like I got any paperwork telling me otherwise.

Okay, I'll stop complaining... for now. Off to do laundry and have a gin n' tonic at my mom's.

Labels:

posted by Ceri Hebert @ 12:26 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At March 20, 2009 at 5:47 AM, Blogger Diane Craver said…

    Oh Ceri, I'm so sorry. That's awful. They should have told you that it wasn't going to be at his main hospital and also put it on a reminder card. Our children's hospital sends a reminder appointment card with information on it because there are several satellite hospital clinics and etc.

    Hope today is a better one!

     
  • At March 22, 2009 at 3:46 AM, Blogger Sarita Leone said…

    Ugh, I hate it when stuff like that happens! I'm sorry to hear that you went so far out of your way. What a bummer.

    I hope you had an extra cocktail with your mom. :)

     
  • At March 22, 2009 at 3:51 AM, Blogger Ceri Hebert said…

    Actually, Sarita, I did. I generally only have 1, but I had 2 that evening. Bad me.

     
  • At March 22, 2009 at 6:13 AM, Blogger Denise said…

    You poor thing. And no, that is not a dumb person look from me. Been there, done that.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert