Saturday, April 4, 2009
Breakthrough-Well, I Hope
I've had a wonderfully productive morning. Even though I'd love to sleep in I was still up before 430am. I find I can get a lot done early in the morning. Today was no exception. In fact got over 1000 words written by 530am. I call that a good morning! But I'm going to have to take a break soon to take DD #1 to school. She's off for the state Special O basketball tournament today. Then I have spring cleaning plans. Then have to go help my mother pick up a table. Oh, and plot out a garden (help!!)

We've decided to put in a veggie garden at my mom's. I'm not known for my green thumb. In fact I have no plants here in my home. My kids gave me seeds and little pots to plant them in a few years ago for mother's day but I just can't bring myself to plant them, knowing that they'll die a slow torturous death. Herbocide. That's what I commit on plants in my care. I'm hoping that, with my mom's help (plants love her, they thrive in her presence) we can make this garden work. I'm really wanting fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, peas and beans and zuchini.

Anyway, my breakthrough. I've been trying not to think about Dreamer's Sea. I feel horrible that I wrote this long story, which I really do love, but it has no zap, no zing, no pizzazz. Not that I found the missing element, but I've been playing around with the basic elements, like giving my hero a son who he's raised on his own since the boy was an infant (I have a reoccuring abandonment theme, I think). And now I've written a prologue that'll change the relationship between my hero and heroine. Before they didn't know each other before chapter 1 but now they were childhood summer sweethearts. It'll give them a foundation I can build on

Boy, I hope this works. I really want this story to be good. I still need that zip zang pizzazz, but at least this will build the romance between the two characters.

Just need to finish the prologue and brainstorm the rest of it.

I will NEVER give up!

Labels: ,

posted by Ceri Hebert @ 3:08 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At April 4, 2009 at 5:37 AM, Blogger Sarita Leone said…

    I hope your breakthrough is the one you've been looking for. Sometimes finding the way to make something pop is very elusive. Love the abandonment idea; so many possibilities with that train of thought.

    I hope your garden is wildly successful! I love gardening, so I think it's great when others give it a go.

    Hope you enjoy your weekend. :)

     
  • At April 4, 2009 at 1:29 PM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said…

    Good luck with DS... you can do it!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert