Monday, August 4, 2008
What was that? What did I say?
Funny, I thought I'd said I was going to get back to edits on Dreamer's Sea. Well, no, that didn't happen. Spent the weekend being sick. Couldn't even manage more than a few hours at work on Saturday. So I spent the rest of the weekend pretty much sleeping it off. Don't know where it came from, but it was a very nice little bug.

Now it's Monday I'm ready to go back to work. Got the editing started already. I'm being a good doobee and cutting out chunks of backstory. I really hope that this'll be the last time I'll have to revise chapters 1-3. I'm still getting mixed replies about backstory. A friend of mine, who is a reader not a writer, says she really likes backstory, it gives her a better understanding of the character. She asked a group, some writers and some not. The writers said go light on the backstory but the readers said they liked it. Maybe not as much as I put in, but they definitely liked some.

So, it's a fine line. I'm going to be cautious though and cut more than I'd like to cut.

Fingers crossed! I'm hoping to hear from the real estate agent to go look at the house. Of course I'm afraid to apply for the loan. *apply chicken noises*. Are we really ready for such a step???????? Maybe we should look for something smaller and less expensive (though this house is pretty inexpensive). Oh, the doubts! But I really want to give my kids a house. And if it helps, there's a den that could be my office. Maybe that would help with taxes (anyone?). After all, I've been craving my own private writing space forever!

Uhoh... someone is awake.

That means it's time to get back to writing.

Labels: , ,

posted by Ceri Hebert @ 1:43 AM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert