Tuesday, February 17, 2009
New Schedule, New Project
And so it begins. You would think an extra 2 hours of work wouldn't be a big deal, but I felt it yesterday. I eyed the clock when I used to leave and just wanted to escape. But I made it through a long day. Then I had to do laundry, so I didn't get to settle down until after 6pm.

Today should be easier. I mean, I only have to pay some bills and pick up some groceries. Maybe I have to pick up a child from an activity, not sure.

I'd make a lousy soccer mom.

Anyway, I've started writing my Forever Home synopsis. I'm grateful there's no page limit on it. As long as it's over 2 pages. No problemo. I'm up to 5 pages. Then I'm going to submit it to Samhain. I think that's an appropriate place since it's a sequel to Sweet Forever. Right or wrong, I'm including this in my dialy word count. I've put aside my other wip for now (even though that one is almost done) in favor of getting FH ready to go.

Another storm pulling in tomorrow night. Gee... I was missing snow and sleet. It's been nearly 2 weeks since I've seen either.

Labels: , ,

posted by Ceri Hebert @ 2:24 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At February 17, 2009 at 3:18 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said…

    Yep... get that sucker submitted ASAP. One error many authors make is not keeping things in constant submission.

    BTW, that's one reason I write short stuff -- it keeps my name out there in front of people in between long stuff. If people forget about you between books, you have to work twice as hard to sell again.

     
  • At February 17, 2009 at 3:22 AM, Blogger Ceri Hebert said…

    I've tried to write short stuff. It always ends up looong.

    So I should take the projects I have done or nearly done and get them cleaned up and submitted before I start something new.

     
  • At February 17, 2009 at 4:44 AM, Blogger Sarita Leone said…

    Synopsis words count in the word count total, definitely! I almost think they should count twice because they're always harder to write, at least for me. Good luck with the synopsis, and the submission. Fingers crossed for you! :)

    More snow...

    UGH.

    Can't we just skip the weekend and go straight to spring? Hmm?

    Hope you have a nice day!

     
  • At February 17, 2009 at 7:01 AM, Blogger Denise said…

    Don't you just hate writing the synopsis!

    I finished mine for the last one just a week or so ago and not without a lot of help.

    I mean seriously, take a 75000 word book and tell me all about it in 1500 words. :-)

    Good luck.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert