Thursday, January 3, 2008
The Cold That Wouldn't Die
Okay, this is ridiculous. I've been living with this cold for about a month now and it's getting old. It did start to go away but then it came back. Yeh, I should go to a doctor but they'll only tell me to get some cold medicine off the shelf and I'll have wasted a copay and an hour-long round trip drive with 4 kids. No, I'd rather ride it out.

Oh, and if John McCain gets a cold in the next few days it'll be my fault. I was rubbing elbows with him (literally) at a house party the other day. That was cool, but what wasn't cool was being caught on the national news. Well, that had been a dream of mine way back when, like 20 years ago. Not to rub elbows with McCain but being on television.

My writing has come to a standstill. My muse right now is curled up on the couch with some chicken noodle soup, a box of kleenex and a blanket. I, however, have been reading a manuscript that I put aside last year. That Kind Of Magic is actually really good. I'm looking forward to getting back to it. After I finish Dreamer's Sea. Okay, I have to finish DS this month. That is my resolution!

I've done a good job over the past few years of not making resolutions. I need to change that. Okay, maybe I shouldn't say resolution, that should be a 4 letter word. Things I want to accomplish in 2008:

Finish Dreamer's Sea (in January)
Submit DS to agents and snag one.
Write sequel to Sweet Forever
Edit That Kind Of Magic
Find home for the above manuscripts

Well, thats a good start anyway.

REMINDER: Finally Home is up for Best Romance Book of 2007 in the long ebook catagory over at The Long And The Short Of It . The polls are open now and I'd love a vote. There's a lot of very talented writers over there and I'm so honored to be amongst them. So vote now, but only one vote per person.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Ceri Hebert @ 2:46 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At January 3, 2008 at 3:53 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said…

    Hope you feel better soon! And, yeah, one of the coolest things about NH is getting to meet the candidates. I've done it for the past three elections!

    Good goals. Good luck!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert