Monday, April 13, 2009
Frustration!
I'm feeling completely and utterly frustrated!

I'm feeling bored with my current wip so, upon recommendation, should find something else to work on. Problem is I'm not "into" any of my wips. Maybe I'm just needing a bit of a writing break. I hate taking breaks though. I want to write through it, but when I'm in this frame of mind I'm too easily distracted.

So, maybe I'll give myself today to rest and plunge in tomorrow with something. But what, I don't know. My "problem" is that I have several wips that I can work on, wips that have lots of potential if I could just get going on them.

Maybe hypnosis would work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the submission front: No word from Samhain yet regarding Forever Home. Wish I would hear back because I can't submit anything else to them while I have something already submitted.

And then there's Kensington. Kensington Kensington Kensington.

I discovered that the editor I submitted That Kind Of Magic to left Kensington in February and apparently didn't hand off to anyone else. Who knows what happened to it. I have an email into another editor to find out for sure, but I'll probably have to resubmit it, and that means ANOTHER 3 month wait.

Or I could just send it somewhere else. Problem is that it's a hard story to place. It's paranormal... sort of... not enough of a paranormal for it to fit into a real paranormal catagory, but not really contempory.

CURSE MY IMAGINATION!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, off I go to make dinner and figure out what wip I'll go with next.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Ceri Hebert @ 2:59 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At April 13, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said…

    Don't you hate writing outside the box?

    And, I'm with you -- I can't get excited about anything I'm working on right now. I know -- let's switch! You work on mine, and I'll work on yours *G*

     
  • At April 14, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Blogger Denise said…

    Hey!

    A friend of mine said to resubmit to Kensington because it's probably in a black hole.

    On the frustrated writing front, take some of the stuff you've posted and just flow with it. See if it will get you boosted. You'll either write that and get further or the spirit will move you and you'll go back and get your WIP where you want it.

    Of course, Marianne's idea is very intriguing as well. :-)

    D

     
  • At April 14, 2009 at 5:48 PM, Blogger Diane Craver said…

    I'm sorry about the editor you submitted to leaving Kensington.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert