Monday, April 6, 2009
Growing A Garden....Is It Just Cruel?
Seriously. I just kill plants. Why would a veggie patch be any different? Luckily for all involved, especially the harmless lives of the tomato, pea, and corn plants, they'll be living at my mother's house and she has a green thumb. But I can just hear them shrieking with terror at my approach.

I really need to read up on gardening. We want to grow corn. Can you buy corn that's already starting to grow, or is this something you start growing from a seed (in a hole with a dead fish)? If my mom was smart she'd make me my own "special" garden that's always green and healthy....and plastic. I'd probably never know the difference.

I tell ya, this is definitely going outside my comfort zone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Despite a busy weekend the writing is coming along pretty well. I miss having something to edit, but that'll come eventually. For now I'm giving my attention to The Staying Kind, which is/was my 2007 NaNo project. I never made it to 50K with it, but I'm almost there now. It's turning into a relatively steamy project, but I have to make sure there's plenty of sigh-inducing romance, which is difficult when my heroine doesn't believe in love and romance. My hero is working on that though.

My mind, though, is on how to make Dreamer's Sea into something viable. Marketable. Need that strong oompf. Right now it's just a calm ride, but who wants to read that? But I'm not going to rush it. Still have SK and another one that needs more editing.

Now I have to get ready for a fun filled day of work.

But now for something to make you laugh.

Labels: , ,

posted by Ceri Hebert @ 2:42 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At April 6, 2009 at 7:01 AM, Blogger Denise said…

    Hi Ceri,

    checkout a www.eburgess.com to see if they have an answer for your corn question.

    i'm a flower garden person and have fruit trees. the one time i grew tomatoes the rabbits ate them before i could.

     
  • At April 6, 2009 at 6:39 PM, Blogger Diane Craver said…

    I do the flower gardens and hubby plants the vegetables!

    You always inspire me with all your writing projects - you're doing great - keep up the good work!

     
  • At November 20, 2009 at 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It was rather interesting for me to read the post. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to them. I would like to read more soon.

     
  • At November 21, 2009 at 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It is very interesting for me to read the article. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more soon.

     
  • At January 22, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keep on posting such stories. I love to read blogs like that. By the way add some pics :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert