Wednesday, April 15, 2009
I Feel Better
I heard from Samhain today, a very nice letter from the editor who reviewed Forever Home. She gave me the reasons behind the rejection, so I'm feeling better now. Of course I'm still bummed out that they didn't take it, but at least I know why.

So, now I have to work on my characters. They weren't engaging enough. Okay. My heroine is a young woman who's tough, independent and cynical. She doesn't believe in romance except when it comes to the hero, who she was in love with when she was a child. He's ten years older and married his childhood sweetheart when he was eighteen, and broke my heroine's heart. But now she's grown up, he's been a widower for two years and they are developing a friendship.

So, okay, I can do this. Currently she doesn't have a romantic bone in her body. Maybe I need to give her one.

I also heard from Kensington and they told me to resubmit That Kind Of Magic.

So, it was a better day than yesterday. I have a little direction now at least.

Of course my JaNoWriMo weekly total is going to bite! :)

Labels: ,

posted by Ceri Hebert @ 5:11 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At April 19, 2009 at 6:08 AM, Blogger Allie Boniface said…

    Sigh...it's frustrating, isn't it? I'm glad you got a personal note after all, anyway. Was this a new editor, not the one you worked with before at SP?

    After I published my first 2 books with them, the next 2 came back with "revise and resubmit" requests too, and I was bummed beyond belief. Eventually I ended up revising, and they accepted them...so whichever direction you end up going, I'm sure it will find a home somewhere!

    Hang in there.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert