Thursday, May 1, 2008
New Direction
Well, after thinking about it for a few days I think I'm going to have to rewrite at least the first 5 or so pages of Dreamer's Sea. I'm kind of bummed out about it, but seriously, those first pages are a little slow. Generally, with my shorter manuscripts, I jump right into the center of things, but I thought I'd give myself a more gradual build up. So I have a feeling I'm going to be looking at a blank screen for a while. But I'll push past it. I always do.

I'm still sitting on my Harlequin query and synopsis. I'm nearly to the point where I'll look for a US based publisher just to avoid having to find an international reply coupon. Maybe Kensington would be interested. They apparently work with Samhain as well, so maybe the association would help me out, get my foot in the door.

But there's something about being published by Harlequin. It was something I really wanted when I started writing. Everyone has heard of Harlequin, afterall. But maybe it's time to look in a new direction. Broaden my horizons. Look at all the possibilities.

I'm also rethinking the fantasy I started eons ago. I've wanted to write this one for, oh, 17 years or so. Maybe, once I get a few other projects finished, it'll be time to sink myself into it for real.

Yikes, time to get ready for work. But it's been so slow there. At least I can think about writing.

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Ceri Hebert @ 2:48 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At May 1, 2008 at 3:29 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said…

    It's ridiculous you're having such trouble getting the IRC. Want me to check with my PO?

    Sheesh...

     
  • At May 1, 2008 at 4:51 AM, Blogger Diane Craver said…

    Ceri,
    Sorry you're having trouble. I thought it was stupid I had to go to two post offices but at least the second one was able to take care of it. Don't give up and you can submit to both Kensington and HQ. It's not like you're submitting a full to both of them.

    I emailed a query to Kensington editor and now wish I had sent a partial snail mail. Maybe my email got lost in cyper space. I'm sure she'd asked for chapters by now had she received it. LOL

    Happy writing to you!

     
  • At May 4, 2008 at 12:07 PM, Blogger Amie Stuart said…

    Diane who did you query? If I can ask :)

    Hey Ceri email me and gimme an update on what's new in your world.

     
  • At May 5, 2008 at 12:38 PM, Blogger Diane Craver said…

    Hi Amie,
    I emailed Audrey LaFehr early April! Thanks for asking.

     
  • At May 5, 2008 at 12:46 PM, Blogger Amie Stuart said…

    FWIW John is the only one I've ever heard of responding to e-queries. Not that the others don't--but I know for a fact he *usually* does since friends of mine have queried him...something to keep in mind if you don't hear back from Audrey in a fairly reasonable amt of time.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert