Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Bad Books, New Books, and Have You Seen This Muse?
Well, I "finished" the Danielle Steele book. Actually I skipped a huge hunk of it. And probably didn't miss much. When I read a romance, I want some romance (okay, maybe DS's books aren't exactly romance. But....) Get this.... the hero disappears, walks out on the heroine somewhere around page 220. He finally comes back (after she's spent months and months looking for him-something I wouldn't do if some guy got mad and deserted me) around page 458 for the last 10 or so pages of the book. And as typical (I guess) of a DS book there was lots of death and personal injury.

So, I'm on to a better book. Either another Nora book or I was thinking of starting Outlander again. I was checking out You Tube and I found some videos from people who want the book made into a movie. They put bits and pieces from other movies together and most videos cast Gerard Butler as Jamie. Now that I'd watch!! I'd post one, but there's no code on the one I like best. I'm on a Gerard Butler kick. I watched PS I Love You the other day. What an AWESOME movie!!! I love when he sings.

And I've lost my muse. I don't know why. Maybe there's too much going on right now, but I haven't been able to get anything done. I'm just stuck. I've rewritten the beginning of Dreamer's Sea, but haven't changed too much. But I think it'll lead me to adding more of a paranormal element to it. Oh, will I ever get it done?

And I'm trying not to think of the query and synopsis for That Kind Of Magic. It's too soon to hear from them.

AND I'm taking 4 days off from work. Today I'm off for a girl's day out with my mom.

Oh, what the heck, I'm going to post a scene from PS I Love You. The song is stuck in my head.

Labels: , ,

posted by Ceri Hebert @ 2:41 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At May 14, 2008 at 6:15 AM, Blogger Diane Craver said…

    I'm not surprised about Steele's book. I've been disappointed in her books.

    Enjoy your days off and your girl's day with your mom. I haven't watched PS I love you. It sounds good. I'll have to watch it sometime.

     
  • At May 14, 2008 at 5:23 PM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said…

    Told you before, I don't like DS AT ALL.

    Isn't P.S. I Love You sad? It looks sad. I can't handle sad.

    Is it sad?

    Good luck finding the muse. Maybe she grabbed mine and they took a vacation somewhere?

     
  • At May 14, 2008 at 6:08 PM, Blogger Ceri Hebert said…

    Marianne, it's a bittersweet movie, very moving, tear jerker, but I wasn't left bereft and hurling shoes at my tv. I can't stand a movie that doesn't leave me at least a little happy, and I certainly wouldn't recommend one.
    This one I recommend highly!

     
  • At May 17, 2008 at 4:37 AM, Blogger Amie Stuart said…

    >>And as typical (I guess) of a DS book there was lots of death and personal injury.

    HOWLING!!!!

    NOte to self: Don't watch PS I Love you

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert