Saturday, May 3, 2008
One Problem Down.....
....many more to go.

Yesterday I FINALLY found a post office that carried international reply coupons. And it took nearly 15 minutes for them to figure out how to sell them because they weren't even in their computer system. Apparently no one in the world uses IRCs. But me.

So, the good news is that my query and synopsis is off to Canada as we "speak". Let's see how long it'll be before I hear back from the editor up there.

Now I can move on to my next issue. Rewriting the first several pages of Dreamer's Sea so it'll start with a bang instead of working up to it.

I don' t do much reading anymore but I decided to read Danielle Steele-"Palomino". I've never ever read any of her books before. I'm sorry Ms Steele, but honestly, I'm not impressed thus far. I have all the respect in the world for a writer who can be as prolific and popular as she is, but I'm just trying to figure out how she made it to where she is. Now, I haven't gotten too far into the book, so maybe I'll find out soon, but honestly, as a writer (one who is pretty much an unknown) I don't get how she gets away with what she gets away with. If I wrote some of the stuff she did and presented it to my crit group I'd get LOTS of comments. I adore Nora R. and I know that she does the head hopping thing with unabashed glee, but she does it well. With DS there's so much description it just bogs the story down. And I thought I had a lot of description in mine!!

Okay, that was my rant.

Now I have to think about what to do with Dreamer's Sea.
posted by Ceri Hebert @ 7:17 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At May 3, 2008 at 7:31 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said…

    I do NOT like Danielle Steele... never have. At all. Blech.

    My mom, OTOH, loves her. Clearly, most folks do, or she wouldn't be as popular as she is.

    But, yuck.

    GOOD LUCK with your submission!!!

     
  • At May 5, 2008 at 12:25 PM, Blogger Diane Craver said…

    I hope you don't have to wait too long to get your good news for a request for a full ms.

    I don't know either how DS has gotten so far in her career. One book I tried to read was unreal. In the middle of the book, she stopped writing about the MAIN character. Also she has so much repetition in all her novels.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert