Tuesday, May 27, 2008
A Big Day!



So I thought I'd come out of hiding and post today. I really didn't realize that it's been so long since my last post. Whatever is wrong with me?!?!

Anyway, in the past few days I've had some movement in my writing career. Is it good or bad? Well, nearly any writing movement is good.

First of all, I need to announce that WHERE ONE ROAD LEADS is being released in print today. I was supposed to have started a contest for a free autographed copy, but I was away from home all weekend so I haven't organized anything yet. But it will be forthcoming.

My sister is out for a visit. She and my mom were at the airport picking up her mother in law and they stopped in the airport Borders to see if they carried my book. Well, it wasn't on the shelf but they were very excited when the cashier was able to pull it up on the computer LOL. Now if they'd only put it on the shelf. My sister's MIL was so excited to meet an actual author. She's is such a hoot.

This past weekend we went camping. No tent for us. We rented a cabin at a campground. It was actually fun. A little cold at night, but that's okay. We want to do it again next year. The kids had a blast. It was a very family oriented place. Kids galore! But I'm glad to be home and clean.

Oh, and one more piece of news. This weekend I stopped to check my mail.

The ENVELOPE from Harlequin was there.

I figured it couldn't be good news since it came back so fast. After all, generally it takes well over a month and it's only been about 3 weeks. So I repeated over and over that it would be a rejection.

Well, they want to see a more complete synopsis AND the first 3 chapters of That Kind of Magic!! I'm shocked and amazed and excited!!!

So today, after my meetings and I gather children, I'll be working on that synopsis.

They did tell me it would take 5 months to hear back from them. Okay, at least I have a time frame.

Yeah!!!!!!!!
But now its time to get ready for work. Blah

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Ceri Hebert @ 1:42 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At May 27, 2008 at 2:32 AM, Blogger Marianne Arkins said…

    YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Doing the happy dance for you -- you've made it past the first hurdle. Only two more to go. You can do it!

    And, yeah... a contest would be good. Barring that, I'll buy an autographed copy again *G*.

    You still need to set that up on your site.

     
  • At May 28, 2008 at 2:53 AM, Blogger Diane Craver said…

    CONGRATULATIONS, CERI! WOW - you have 2 big things to celebrate- your new print release and your great news from HQ. You heard back from them so quickly - that's a biggie. And that's wonderful they told you how long it takes to get a response from them after receiving the partial. I bet they will love Magic! Soon I'll have another friend published by HQ!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The WeatherPixie


The Legacy:


DREAMERS SEA (REDUX):


THAT KIND OF MAGIC--AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 17,2010 What's a witch to do when she refuses to use magic to find love? Beautiful Wiccan Charlotte Noone has a shop for magical supplies and a goddess who's pushing her to find the man of her dreams. When Patrick Riordan, a straight-laced non-believer enters her life, Charlotte falls madly in lust with him. Despite their very different lives, neither can stop the erotic journey they’ve embarked on, but will it be enough to break through their barriers so they can accept that love itself is magical?. .
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwestern, New Hampshire, United States

I'm 44 year old mom of 3. I work as a customer service rep for a publishing company, and I write. I have five published novels and working on adding to that.

Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs I Read
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© Ceri Hebert